Monday, March 7, 2011

"Oh No!, Where is Luh Luh?"

Wren (she calls herself "Luh Luh") said this while we were looking at our pictures from China. We were looking at a picture of our trip to Beijing before we went to Nanning for the adoption. It surprised me a little. Attachment/Bonding is a complicated dance. This was an indication to me that she sees us as a unit and one of us is missing from the picture. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but it feels like progress to me :)

Wrenisms:
This girl is extremely verbal. In 6 months she has a great command of the English language, counts objects, knows all of the letters of the alphabet and the sounds they make. She has even starting writing some letters. I know! A genius, right?!

One of my favorite Wrenisms goes like this- "I like a pretty dresses!, Mommy like a pretty dresses!, Jie Jie like a pretty dresses! Cara (Jie Jie's bff) like a pretty dresses! and Daddy wears pants!"
She says this several times a day and I must say it's pretty darn cute. Conversely, when she is angry with Jie Jie she will say "This is MY pretty dress!!" and wag her finger at her. I think this happens when she is so incensed that she can't think of anything else to say. It's also pretty cute and I have to turn away when she says it so she can't see me giggle.

Wren loves clothes, especially dresses. I think she would rather have a new dress than a toy. Trouble! We still have quite a few dresses that were Jie Jie's and every time I bring a new one out she giggles deliriously and says "Is it mine?!" Is it mine? Yeah! Yeah!!"

Here she is in one of her pretty dresses

No comments:

Post a Comment